A C D F H I K L M O P Q R S T U W
- I don't want to see the little icons next to the clips
You can turn off the "Item Type Icons" that appear next to
the clips in the ClipList. Un-check the option in Tools | Options | ...
- I want Classic to stay open, float on top, auto-hide, etc..
To make it stay in "drop-down mode", click the little "tack" icon next to the drop-down button,
when you have it in the "drop-down" mode. ...
- Internet Dialup - When ClipMate is running, my internet disconnect dialog doesn't appear.
This is a known bug in Internet Explorer (IE). Here is some more info from Microsoft
What's happening, is that ClipMate uses an IE window as ...
- I can't the the Thesaurus to work
Adding the thesaurus is pretty much the same as adding a regular
spelling dictionary (except that the file is always named ROGET.ADT).
But you need to ...
- I need to add a dictionary
To add a dictionary, you can download any of the supported dictionaries from
Or you can get it from the CD, if you ...
- I want to change the backup location or interval
A user once wrote:
My ClipMate automatically backups to a directory but I
want to change that directory. How do I change the automatic backup directory? ...
- I encrypt a clip, but it looks the same as it did before.
Q: I encrypted a clip, but no apparent changes have been made. What am I
A: You're probably doing it right - but ClipMate's ...
- I have found that two of my computers (both running Windows 7) tend to print repeated screenshots. I sometimes will be doing computer work, (and not hitting the PrtScrn key) and suddenly I will hear a "POP" then the printer will print a screen shot from the last graphic or screen shot that I made sometime days before. I have occurances of the printer suddenly going nuts, and printing 8 copies of the same screen shot. I have found that the only thing I can do is turn off the "Automatically print scree shots", but then I have to manually print the graphic if I need it. Please advise.
Something on your system is causing a clipboard update. ClipMate reacts, capturing whatever is on the clipboard. If you have it set to print new ...
- I have win 7 x64 sp1. I copy some Cyrillic-alphabet text (for example Bulgarian) and then copy some random Latin-alphabet text (English, French..) When I then try to use ClipMate to return to my older Cyrillic text, it only displays it as ?????? it does not recognize it and thereby can't paste the proper text!!!
Unicode is required to properly capture and display non-ANSI character sets. We hope to release a version with full Unicode capability before year-end 2014. ...
- I have been using ClipMate for, I believe, more than 20 years. Recently, I bought a new laptop that came (maybe sadly) with Windows 11. I cannot get my ClipBar to install properly. I want it to work like it always did in Windows 10. Please help me make that work again. Many thanks.
Windows 11 does not support toolbars in windows explorer, so the ClipBar cannot work. If MIcrosoft brings this feature back, it should work automatically. ...