A C D F H I K L M O P Q R S T U W
- How to prevent capturing passwords from password vaults or generators?
A user recently asked about preventing ClipMate from capturing passwords from his password keeper program. In this case it was PasswordSafe, but the same should ...
- How do I Change the font/color/etc., of a clip?
You can't. The only clips that can be edited are TEXT clips. TEXT has
only characters, spaces, tabs, etc. No fonts, sizes, colors, margins,
pictures, etc.. There ...
- How do I Change the title of a clip?
There are several ways. Right-click on the clip, and select Rename
(Ctrl+R). Or, use the Edit | Rename Title (Ctrl+T) menu. Or, you can
right-click on the ...
- How do I enter a tab in the text field of a clip?
Since the TAB key is used for navigation within ClipMate Explorer, you
can't use the TAB key to insert TABS into clips. It just tabs right
- How do I Move ClipMate To A New Computer?
If you get a new PC (for whatever reason - we've heard
hundreds) you'll certainly want to take ClipMate with you.
The process is simple:
On the ...
- How do I Disable AutoCapture At Startup?
Most users want ClipMate to capture everything, all the time. However, some
users don't want that. So there is the option to turn off the ...
- How do I prevent clips from going into a collection?
Sometimes you want to prevent new clips from cluttering up
your other collections.
Each collection has a "garbage avoidance" setting, which you
can use to ...
- Hotkey Conflict / Ctrl+Alt+F12
Note: With ClipMate 7, this message will not appear - it will simply disable the hotkey.
When starting ClipMate, do you receive a message about the Ctrl+Alt+F11 and/or ...
- How do I stop Clipmate from loading automatically at startup?
You can easily stop ClipMate from running when you boot up windows, by
turning off the "Run at Windows startup" option.
See Config | User Preferences ...
- How do I get a listing of all of my clips?
Once upon a time, a user asked:
Is there any way to print the list of clips
so that one can get a birds eye
- How do I move data to another PC?
To move data to a new PC, all you need to do is:
Use the backup (file | database maintenance | backup database) to make ...
- How do I restore my data from the backup?
Note: This applies to ClipMate 6&7, and assumes that you've made a backup using the internal backup routine.
Option 1 - Simple Restore: With ClipMate ...
- Hibernate causes trouble with shared databases
Several users have reported problems with shared network databases and
hibernating. At this time, we do not recommend that you allow any PC hosting a ...
- How do I use UNC paths such as \\server\directory?
The dialog box that ClipMate uses to
select the data directory is limited to local directories and drive-letter
mapped network directories. However, you CAN force ...
- How did I ever get along without ClipMate?
Good Question! We often ask ourselves the same thing. Before
ClipMate, you likely worked much harder, without accomplishing as much. Now
you're much more productive, ...
- How do I Copy files in Windows Explorer?
ClipMate's primary purpose is for copying clips of data copied from within
applications, such as word processors, Email, graphics programs, web browsers,
etc.. Unfortunately, Windows ...
- How many licenses do I need to purchase?
Starting with v6, a single user can run ClipMate
on his computer plus one other computer that he/she is the primary user of. So
- How much does it cost? (Pricing)
A license for ClipMate costs $34.95, or $19.95 if you
are upgrading from the prior version (ex v6 to v7).
See: Pricing & Availability for